As some of my may know from my Getting to know me post, I have a bad habit of biting my nails and I’m trying to stop. I’ve tried a few things, but none have seemed to work. I started looking at fake nails, because if I’m wearing them I wouldn’t be able to bite my nails. I looked at getting them done in a salon, and compared it to prices of doing them myself. Doing them yourself is a lot cheaper.
I brought the Nailene 200 Full Cover Nails as they had mostly good reviews. Also I thought the amount of you get (200) is good for the price. I got mine from Amazon because at the time they were on offer for £6.00. However without an offer they are still good value for the money- £8.49. I’ll leave links below of some places you can buy them from, and the current prices. They can be brought online or in-store.
The product comes in a clear, plastic box, with different sections. Each section contains a different width of nail, which makes it easier when you’re choosing the nails you want to apply. In total there are 10 different sizes. Inside the box, you get some Nailene ultra quick nail glue (3g), which is transparent. You also get a nail buffer.
There are many things I like about the product:
- They are clear, which means you can paint them any colour you want
- Nail vanish is easy to apply, and doesn’t chip
- The glue dries quickly, and it’s very strong (Can’t pull them off easily)
- There are many nails in the box, which means the box will last for a long while
- When the nails are applied, they look natural
- They have a flexible base, which makes it easier to stick onto the natural nail
- The strong tip helps stop the nail from breaking
- Each nail has a small number on the back, this makes it easy to sort the nails into sizes if they get muddled up
- The nails are easy to trim and shape. I used the nail buffer in the box, and a pair of normal nail clippers
- They are easy to apply
- The product is great for beginners
I have also found some things I don’t like about the product:
- The second coat of nail vanish applied took a lot longer than expected to dry (about 5-10 minutes)
- When shaping the nail, it can get quite messy (but this is expected when shaping any fake nails)
- The glue is very sticky, I managed to glue one of my fingers to another finger
- Some of the sizes are quite similar, double check you’ve got the right size before applying
How you apply them:
- You’ve got to lightly buff and clean the natural nail
- Choose the nail that fits your natural nail
- Apply the glue to the underside of the fake nail
- Put the fake nail onto the natural nail, and hold firmly for 10-15 seconds
- Trim the nail to the length you want, and use nail vanish to paint them the colour of your choice
To take the nails off, you need to soak them in acetone polish remover until the nail dissolves. You should not break or peel the nails off.
If you are considering buying this product, I would definitely recommend it. Not only is the product a great price, it is incredibly easy to use. Not only does the nail look great, it feels natural. Once my box is empty, I’ll definitely be purchasing again.At the start, I said I brought the fake nails to help me stop biting my nails. It has definitely helped, ever since applying these I have not bitten them once 🙂
Here are some websites where you can buy the nails from, and the current price:
http://www.semichem.co.uk/nailene-200-full-cover-nails-oval.html -Semichem £6.95
http://www.lifeandlooks.com/nailene-200-oval-full-cover-nails.html -Life and Looks £7.99
If you have any questions about the product, please comment below and I’ll try to answer.
If you don’t want to miss my next post, please follow me on Twitter: deas_lisa